lauantai 17. kesäkuuta 2017

Let´s get started!

 

So where should I start?
Leaving Hawkes Bay wasn´t easy but knowing that great adventures were ahead I started my little car and made my way to Wellington, jumped into a ferry to Picton and after about 1800km on New Zealand´s roads I finally arrived to beautiful Queenstown. I could write a whole story about my amazing road trip but let´s stick into the most important: the internship programme with EA.
On the first day we all met at the Aspen Lodge where we´re living during the training, catching up with the new crew was exciting and fun. We all got EA hoodies which we´re wearing to match. (also when going out) From the first evening we all started to group up well and made a little EA family, on the following days our orientation included disc golf and fear at the haunted house of Queenstown, also pizza and lot of fun just getting to know each other. People from all over the world, different accents and different lives making the pack a bit more colourful.

Saturday 10th was the great opening of the Remarkables ski field and our so much waited first day of training, I was stoked to get started specially because I was on my skis after several years of snowboarding. The snow level was pretty low and we were all waiting for that perfect powder but concidering the conditions it was a good day of training. I got a lot to think about my position and to be honest everything about my skiing which was good. I felt like an empty canvas going to the first lesson and on the next day I could just fill the holes and start learning. To start doing something from scratch is sometimes easier than trying to correct years and years of doing something wrong. I guess I had a bit hard time accepting to be a beginner again but when the goal is clear it's easy to work hard.
On our day off I used the opportunity to get on my new board, finally! So much fun cruising on fresh snow that we got the night before, almost like surfing. What comes to my skiing it probably wasn't the best idea but for refreshing my brain it was perfect! Or as my roommate would say "lit bro!"







So what are we made of?
Early mornings trying to catch the first bus. Early evenings and not so early evenings. Cheap food and hostel life. 
Fridays in the middle of the week and Sundays whenever we feel like a break. Crazy bus trips up and down the mountain. Beautiful sunrises and windy afternoons. 
Accents that makes our days better and sayings from everywhere, awesome people.
Lot of laughs and good stuff, making every moment unforgettable and living the winter. 
Good and bad skiing and a bit of snowboarding, success and learning.
Sometimes everything goes wrong but we try again, we all have days of confusion and days of understanding. I'd say we're all here for the same reasons and that's why we make a great team. In a few weeks we'll hopefully be wearing those red jackets showing that we did something right.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti