perjantai 30. kesäkuuta 2017

Those red jackets




Training for level 1 and five long exam days are finally over. My skiing got to a whole new level and my interest to build a career around this industry got huge! Anyways 100% pass rate and everyone got their certificates. I can´t describe how proud I was of myself and my mates, felt awesome to scratch one thing off from the bucket list. Now getting ready for the level 2!

Saturday night was the biggest celebration so far, and for a really good reason. We had a table booked and everyone got some drinks to start the night with. Could tell that everyone was in a good mood after such long weeks and successfull training, those big smiles in everyones faces!
And as we are part of the EA programme we had one more task during the night, to jump in the lake. We didn´t care about the rain or the cold at that point but at least I felt amazing jumping to the dark water with the dream team.

Sunday and monday were already working days as we had little orientation to the mountains we would be working at, half of us at the Remarkables where I´m based at and half of us at the Coronet Peak. We got those so wanted red jackets which makes us look like pros. I think the first day I wore the uniform was pretty special because all the sudden people came to ask questions and lucky me got a few lessons done as well. Getting paid to do something you love is probably one of the best things I know. Same when I was still training horses days were long but full of joy.
Unfortunately Remarks was closed for a couple days during the week maybe it was a large possum on the power lines or maybe something else who knows. Off days are not fun when u can´t get up the mountain but at least the team is awesome so we did some other cool stuff instead. Went for a roadtrip to Glenorchy and trampolining at the SITE. We also hiked up the Queenstown hill with all the stuff to pick up some trash so hey stay positive life is pretty awesome! The problem got fixed and after that it´s been finally snowing! The visibility has not been the greatest but man today afternoon my last run with one of the team members was probably the best run so far! Fresh snow everywhere and because most of the people were hiding inside the slopes were almost empty. I would´t change a thing!

Oh I also got my camera fixed so now I can get some good stuff from the slopes once the weather clears up a little bit.
Cheers!





 Happy interns on serious work! This has been and is still going to be so big experience for all of us and I´m just super happy to be back in my own element! Me and Mary moved out from the hostel and found the cutest little box living (trailer trash as our lovely bus driver would describe it) an we are absolutely loving it and the whole mountain life. Few more full weeks of work before the training starts again. I will try to keep you guys updated of my exploring and work as a ski instructor. See ya up the mountain!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti